Mancora, Peru

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

Re: Mancora, Peru

Postby DanielStoner » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks, Darcie. It sounds amazing. Probably the biggest drawback is the 6 hour drive. With kids, that can be...shall we say...challenging.
- Member, Carkeek Swim Team
Sounder Nuketoberfest!!! 10/4/2008
DanielStoner
Former PSKite President

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm starting my due diligence of going to Peru in late September or early Oct. Any interest?

I'm thinking of flying Seattle to Guayaquil Equador (as Eric and Darcie did) doing the bus to Mancora Peru and kiting the Mancora area for a week or so. I want to also go to Machu Pichu so I'm thinking I would go back to Guayaquil after kiting and then do a side trip to Cuzco for that. It works out a bit cheaper and one doesn't have to go through Lima and then fly to Piura to then drive to Mancora and also fly to Cuzco. However there are many ways one could approach it. It just seems like I'd want to kite first, go back to Equador, check my stuff in someplace secure and then do the side trip to Machu Pichu. Just a thought.

Right now Seattle to Guayaquil Ecuador flights are about $900 RT and Guayaquil to Cuzco (for Machu Pichu) is another $300. I can't see going to Peru to go kiting without also going and checking out Machu Pichu too.

It would be fun to get a few others to come along.

Be Stoked!
Jimbo

Postby surfer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:24 pm

SICK IM GOING! thanks for the stoke eric. Looks so relaxing !
Im out in the waves now
surfer

Postby evh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Looks OK, but the real action is still at the Super 8 Motel in Brownsville, just across the freeway from Taco Bell.
evh

Postby KitesofFury » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:35 am

I want to go. How long? One week?
"I'll make mine a triple"
UrbanSurf
RovingBox.com http://www.rovingbox.com
Kitesurf App for Android https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhythmicspark.kib
KitesofFury
KitesofFluffy

Mancora, Peru

Postby jerhend » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:22 pm

I lived in Trujillo (south of Mancora) for 9 months about 5 years ago, so I know the culture and speak the speak. That spot in Mancora is amazing, food and pisco is a plus. I didn't kite back then but thinking back the wind was perfect. I would seriously consider going once some dates get established. The last week of September could be good for me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jerhend

Postby OhanaKai » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:34 pm

I am in need of Travel...Never been to Peru.. Lets see if we can work this out...

Cheers
Bruce
OhanaKai

Postby eric » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Sick. Yes go here!! Mancora was sosick for sure. dope for dayzz. I would go for longer than one week considering how long it takes to get there. If you can afford, fly into Piura and take the 2 hour taxi. The 8 hour drive or 16 hour bus is mega. However! if you are going to take the bus, it looked way dope. reclining chairs for sleeping and the border didn't look that bad. the only drawback is you have to walk many blocks from the 'port to the bus station. This could be problematic with 100lbs of kite gear.

do this trip! you will not regret.
eric
Resident Smartass

Postby bustingbladder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:41 am

Sweet write up Eric! Thanks for taking us on the voyage! See you at Jetty today perhaps...
bustingbladder
Racing Committee

Postby eric » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:59 pm

This picture came up in the picture roll.

such a sick trip, can't wait to get back there one day!
eric
Resident Smartass

PreviousNext

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion