Globekiter is coming back

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

Globekiter is coming back

Postby Globekiter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey everyone! Globekiter is coming back to Seattle this Sunday ! :D

Well... it has been more than 19 months ago when I left Seattle (Oct. 2006) to go on a "Follow The Wind" journey around the world. Many of you may still remember me as the Austrian who quit a career at Microsoft to follow his dreams and you may have even followed some of my blog entries at http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/gl ... /tpod.html when I traveled through the States, Central America, South America and part of Europe with my kiteboarding gear always in tow.

I am flying to Seattle this Sunday the 29th of June and hopefully will even make it to Jetty Island the same day for a some kiting with you. If you see me don't be a stranger!!!

My visit will only be short in Seattle because I also want to go to the Gorge for some 4th of July riding if the forecast looks promising. If I could join someone for the ride down from Seattle next week, that would be fantastic since I wont have a car. Stringy? Ryan? Mike? Mr. Jetty? Joaquin? Wiley? Penxa? Chris? Jason? Glen? Allen? Dmitry? Bradio? Pierre? etc. ... let me know your plans.

See you on the water!!!

- Philipp (a.k.a. Globekiter)
Attachments
Pictures 243 (1).jpg
Sunset along the Oregon Coast
Pictures 243 (1).jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Pictures 1483 (606) (1).jpg
Guatemala - Atitlan
Pictures 1483 (606) (1).jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
Philipp and Colombian Kids - Islas de San Bernando.JPG
Islas de San Bernando - Colombia
Philipp and Colombian Kids - Islas de San Bernando.JPG (117.02 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Philipp - Puerto Velero - Colombia.jpg
Puerto Velero - Colombia
Philipp - Puerto Velero - Colombia.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 3671 times
Route.jpg
Route
Route.jpg (23.6 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
Globekiter

Re: Globekiter is coming back

Postby gabe » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:52 pm

awesome phillip. not sure if i'll see you on the water, but let us know if you're staying around after the 4th.

are you continuing the world travels or settling down? where's next? you need to connect more continents with that red string--i hope you're not stopping with central america.
gabe

Postby stringy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 pm

philipp,
looking forward to kiting with you. that summer I spent more time shooting you than I did riding with you. I still shoot but will be riding more.
plenty of people heading down next week. I will be heading down probably WED or THUR for the extended holiday weekend.
let me know if you need a ride down. not sure what my plans are yet, but most likely central Gorge/HR area.
i still got the same number.
see you this weekend. jetty should be going.
stringy
There's a Mount for That

Postby krash » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 pm

RIght on Philipp, looking forward to kiting with you again and hangout with a brewski in hand afterwards. I am in town/Jetty this weekend and heading to the gorge for the 4th. I am sure you will catch up with most of us down there. PM me with your plans, or if you need any help with transportation etc. Will see you back here soon! Dmitry
krash

Postby gotkite » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:15 pm

phillip

It has been great following your adventures -- some day hope we are so fortunate to follow r dreams :!: :) :) Will definitely see ya when your in town... Allen
Get out and Ride....Allen

Naish
http://www.urbansurf.com
-NAISH KITE BOARDING AMBASSADOR -
Naish -2016 8m 10m HD Parks, 12m strut-less Trips , - 2015 Sroka Foil KiteBoard, Naish -2015 Monarch kiteboard, Alia, Venturi Race - SUP- Naish One
gotkite

Postby rodeo clown » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Dude, your rib cage look like its painfully bruised up in that one photo.
I think you might have a kitesurfing obsession thingy goin on man. :lol:

Globekiter catch'n some air time at RB, May 2006
harvesting seattle's winds since 1982
http://www.urbansurf.com/
http://www.naishkites.com/
rodeo clown
Yeeee-whoooo!

Postby Globekiter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:32 am

Looking forward to this Sunday and the next 2 weeks or so and seeing you guys. Looks like it is going to be a nice summer weekend already.

Gabe, yes, I need to connect more continents with that red line :-). That is for sure but I am a slow traveler, I take my time, and you have a different experience that way.

Yeah Stringy, you have been doing great with all your kiteboarding Photography. I am very happy for you. Can't wait to see you on and in the water. If you head down WED or THUR next week that would be great. If I could get a ride with you I would appreciate it. Stringy, can you send me your phone number once more because I don't have it anymore. Where are you going to stay in the Hood? Camping?

Dmitry, great to hear from you as well! My plan is to head to the Gorge on the 3rd, maybe the 4th. Depends on who has a spot for me to ride down with. Are you going to camp, etc.? Thanks for helping out a brother. Let's figure out the plan the next couple of days.

Hey Rodeo Clown ... yeah.. my rib wasn't bruised but my skin pretty worked up after riding between the islands of San Bernando for a couple of hours without a rashguard :roll:

- Philipp
Globekiter

Postby DanielStoner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:48 am

Phillipp,

Great to hear you're back in town! I look forward to seeing you on the beach while you are in town.

Daniel
- Member, Carkeek Swim Team
Sounder Nuketoberfest!!! 10/4/2008
DanielStoner
Former PSKite President

Postby rmurray » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:10 am

Welcome back, Philipp....perfect time of year to make your cameo in the Pacific Northwest.

I look forward to seeing you on the water again. If you need a place to crash for a couple days you're welcome here.

I'll probably be heading to the Gorge on the 4th or 5th for 2 or 3 days.
rmurray

Postby Globekiter » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you that I am very happy to be back and seeing all your smiling faces on and off the water. I had already two awesome days at Jetty and saw lots of you. Although I was dead still suffering form the 9 hour jet-lag, it was wonderful to be out there with you again. It was really fantastic to cruise around with you, huck it, say hello, share some stories, take some pictures etc. after being gone for such a long time. It really makes me feel good to know that you havent forgotten about me and that I still have many friends here in the great Northwest who have followed me vividely through my travel reports.

Thanks and see you out there!

- Philipp
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/gl ... /tpod.html
Globekiter

Next

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion