new kiter in the north Seattle area

new kiter in the north Seattle area

Postby kanobi » Sun May 04, 2014 4:20 am

Hello, I am certified with i.k.o to lvl J. I am confident with riding up wind... but am still a little nervous launching and landing with out a veteran around. the beach i learned on was packed and i always had a veteran around to help launch and land. I would love to go out with some other people. I live 2 blocks from Richmond Beach. (and would love to kite there. and have a hot shower and food 3 blocks away) I have a 4Runner that can get us to jetty island or any other place in the day trip area. please contact me i'm not a knucklehead and just want to learn more and be on the water. thanks every one

~~~BERGER
kanobi

Re: new kiter in the north Seattle area

Postby patkite » Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Berger,

I am new to kiting as well. I started on February. I've been going Double Bluff or Jetty couple times a week. This place has been great resource for me.
I can meet you at one of these spots if you like. Usually on weekend or afternoon there are a lot of people out there on beach you can ask for help.
Everybody is pretty nice and friendly out there. If you are going Jetty, you need Kayak though.

Kenji
patkite

Postby The_Only_Raja » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:42 pm

I am new to north seattle as well. Just moved up from Texas, and looking to dive into this sport. I'm currently taking lessons and getting the feel of things. Once I get riding I'd love to find some more experienced people to kite with.

-Gautam
The_Only_Raja

Postby evo_bay » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm

I may move to Seattle from the SF Bay Area, and am a newbie (can barely ride upwind, but have kited at Third, Sherman Island, Alameda in the Bay Area and Ventana). Would love to kite w anyone and get to know the kiting conditions around Seattle (heard there's year round kiting?) I have a 4/3 wetsuit for summers in the Bay Area. Thanks! Suzan.
evo_bay

Postby jangoolee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 am

If you want great wind, here are some Puget Sound kiting hotspots. ... Gasworks Park Kite Shop there are no dedicated kite shops left in the Seattle area. ... head to the wide parade grounds to catch the incoming wind from the north. ... The bright green grassy “Central Meadow” area of this new jewel in the ...
jangoolee

Postby eric » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:27 am

jangoolee wrote:If you want great wind, here are some Puget Sound kiting hotspots. ... Gasworks Park Kite Shop there are no dedicated kite shops left in the Seattle area. ... head to the wide parade grounds to catch the incoming wind from the north. ... The bright green grassy “Central Meadow” area of this new jewel in the ...

Urban surf is the BOMB! Go there instead of the place mentioned in this post.

Thanks in advance.
eric
Resident Smartass

Return to New to Kiting / Safety