The best kite ever made – 9m Nirvana

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here (no classfied ads!)

The best kite ever made – 9m Nirvana

Postby jason » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm

I’m not sure what Liquid Force did, or who they sold their soul to, but this year they came out with a kite that I couldn’t possible hype enough to warrant how much fun it is to ride. The unvarying power, the silky pull through turns, how solid it sits in punchy gusty winds waiting for your commands, the smooth escalating power it has through kiteloops, the unhooked pop or whatever you want to call it... all of it... unreal. This is hands down the best kite I have ever ridden.

I was a little sceptical about having battens in the wing tips, and I’m not sure what kind of juju they have in those little carbon tubes, but man is this kite fun. Its like riding fat skis for the first time in powder – it gives you a feeling of control, makes you want to be a better kiter just to do right by it.

If you see me at the beach and the wind is anywhere near 9m, do yourself a favor and demo it. Hell, pm me if you’re in the Seattle area and take it for a day or two while my ribs are still healing.

Sof'ndialed.
jason

Re: The best kite ever made – 9m Nirvana

Postby Jruffing » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:31 pm

helps with a super sweet cool video.. that will charm my pants off (which I know is all you want to do anyways).. with maybe a certain man named brandon involved? thx in advance.. def. would help this post out ;)
Jruffing
Boardshorts are not legit, bro

Postby jason » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:47 pm

He makes anything look cool though... i'll work on it though.
jason

Postby jason » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Here:

Sorry Ruffing, I had to take second video out because Stringy thought it was disingenuous to show a video of someone on something other than the kite I was mentioning, someone might have not noticed and gone strait out and purchased a nirvana...the tragedy!

Better?
Last edited by jason on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jason

Postby C.J. » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Jason, what's up bro? Based off what you're saying its like you're saying old LF kites aren't the shit. Clearly that cannot be the case as I know we both share a love for Liquid Force that spans multi-generations of kites.

Still lovin my LF kites
2010 15m Hifi Comp
2008 12m Hifi
2011 9m Envy
2009 8m Havoc

They are all good in different ways and super fun in the right conditions. I'm guessing the Nirvana falls in line with that and maybe builds where the 2009/2010 Hifi left off?
C.J.
Officer of Bad Ideas, Mayor of Warshentowkneean

Postby Ghostrider » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm

This is the best freestyle kite i have put my hands on to date. This year they combined all the tuning attachments of 2009,10, and 11 and put it all on this year for the most tunable kite ever- if your a looper and like a monster slow pull adjust the front and rear lines closest together, this also makes the kite a lot slower and easier to make the pass. Like a more responsive kite, yup we got ya handled, just rig up the back lines so they are on the rear setting and on the lightwind knot(this setting is my fave.

The Battens and the center strut are a new add for this year too making this kite so rigid and makes for a strong clean pull. The battens in the wingtips stiffen up the kite and most of all prevent the wingtips from folding in if you unhook for a long time or are a bigger dude putting a lot of pull on the kite. Wingtip folding can also happen if you are slightly underpowered and now that these battens are added I would say the low end of this kite has improved as well.

I will post some pics of the line settings i mention above i realize my description may be a little hard to visualize

Last edited by Ghostrider on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghostrider

Postby C.J. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:27 am

oooh I just had a good geeky joke.

The best kite ever made is a kite Best never made. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ah I kill myself....so funny!

ahh, in all seriousness, If I was going to make a promo video for the Nirvana I would use Nirvana for the theme music. I mean isn't that the obvious choice? Jesse, Jason, Shall we?
C.J.
Officer of Bad Ideas, Mayor of Warshentowkneean

Postby Ghostrider » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:05 pm

fixed my link in my above post and added a short review of how badass this kite is!!!!

Checkout the kite in white too...just looks amazing, i cant help but stare

Ghostrider

Postby Sark » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:30 am

Definitly a cool looking kite, I'd like to try next time I see one of you guys with a demo. Haven't ridden a "C"
RRD Posse
Sark
Captain Obvious

Postby stephensibborn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:22 am

I'll bet $$$$$ in VEGAS that team riders tend to exaggerate! "best kite ever"????? ;) haha

'
Stephen
stephensibborn

Next

Return to Commercial