2015 Cabrinha H2 straps / bindings / foot hooks

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here (no classfied ads!)

2015 Cabrinha H2 straps / bindings / foot hooks

Postby C.J. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Just had my first session on my new 2015 Cabrinha Ace 139 and H2 straps and I have to say I'm impressed.

I'll admit, I've all but abandoned the idea of riding a twin tip with straps for "fun". Boots has been my go to pretty much since I first tried boots several years ago. The only times I ride straps now is when it is so light out that I have to ride a door style kiteboard just to mow the lawn.

This year I received two sets of H2 straps and a set of H3 boots from Cabrinha so I figured I'd give the H2's a chance today.

First things first, make sure you take the time to set them up right. These have a lot of adjustments so you really need to set them up before you have your kite in the air. They come with 2 sets of heel inserts (firm and soft) I decided to set mine up with the firm inserts because I like having more feedback and control through the board.

Generally when riding straps, if I try even the most basic tricks like back rolls and front rolls, the board just flies off my feet every time. I've had this issue ever since I switched to boots years ago. Well today I was pleasantly surprised that the H2 straps stayed nicely planted on my feet through nearly every trick I tried. I'm not sure how much effect the board has on this experience but the Ace is the lightest freestyle board in Cabrinhas lineup for 2015 so I suppose that could keep it more firmly planted under foot as well.

In summary, the 2015 H2 bindings from Cabrinha are the most secure fitting and comfortable pads and straps I've tried. If you're having trouble keeping the board on your feet during tricks but you're not ready to make the switch to boots, I'd recommend giving the H2's a try.

Contact me if you're interested in demoing any Cabrinha gear in the Seattle area.

Be stoked!
CJ

C.J.
Officer of Bad Ideas, Mayor of Warshentowkneean

Re: 2015 Cabrinha H2 straps / bindings / foot hooks

Postby bgkiter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:02 pm

I have these from 2014 - they look the same as the 2015 but in blue. They are GOOD. Very secure. And the nifty inserts to control the softness of the heel are great too. I have mine setup with the soft inserts on a shinn board for a super cushy ride.

V
bgkiter

Return to Commercial