NP cold weather gear looks awesome

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here (no classfied ads!)

NP cold weather gear looks awesome

Postby C.J. » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Just received some new gear from NP

For those of you who haven't been paying attention. NP is what was not all that long ago known as NPX and what was known a little further back then that as Neil Pryde. Pryde group is the parent company of Cabrinha and therefore this is essentially Cabrinha water gear.

As someone who owned 3 NPX wetsuits in the past that all gradually fell apart and someone who also witnessed first hand Ruffing breaking every harness NPX would send him, I was a little skeptical to try their gear again. However, it looks like NP has put a lot of effort into improving the quality and materials selection used in their wet suits and harnesses. I'm already really impressed with the initial quality and attention to detail, but of course, time will tell how the gear holds up. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the new cast aluminum spreader bar design holds up. It looks awesome but cast aluminum has never been done before on a kite harness...so this is uncharted territory.

Unlike the Cabrinha kites and boards, I won't be demoing this stuff out (because that would be gross) but for those of you interested in checking the gear out up close in person, feel free to hit me up at the beach. Just try not to get too friendly :? :lol:

I always liked the Edmunds.com long term car test reviews so I'm hoping to do something similar here and report back periodically on how well the gear breaks in and holds up.

Feel free to ask questions on this thread too and I'll do my best to check back periodically and answer as best I can.

Thanks,
CJ
Attachments
SAM_1007-001.JPG
SAM_1007-001.JPG (371.68 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
SAM_1008.JPG
SAM_1008.JPG (329.75 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
C.J.
Officer of Bad Ideas, Mayor of Warshentowkneean

Re: NP cold weather gear looks awesome

Postby bgkiter » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:11 am

Been riding the NP harnesses for a year. Between two of us we have all 3 of the models - the Bomb, Mirage and the Flash. I did Kb4C using the mirage (about 7hrs on the water) and my back felt great.
The spreader bar system is amazing (forged 3D aluminum), the Mirage is one of the lightest harnesses on the market and every single one of them is super comfortable. Here is more info on the harnesses.

http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2012/11/2 ... e-np-surf/

V
bgkiter

Postby Undem » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:13 am

BK,
For someone who has cracked ribs a couple times, currently riding the oceans rodeo sessions Ii, which would you recommend?
Thanks
Tod
2017 North Neo 6/9m
Celeritas 5;10' / SS Alien Air
Undem

Postby C.J. » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Tod,

I've cracked a rib before too. worst feeling ever when coupled with allergies :?

I almost went with the mirage but decided to go with the Bomb this year because it is one of their more supportive harnesses. I'm coming from the Mystic Razor which didn't have much support which was fine most of the time but would cause some back pain during those long sessions.

You're welcome to try on my Bomb harness sometime. Its a large so its meant for a 34-38 waist
C.J.

Postby j.p. » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:03 am

I'm hoping the gear lasts. I picked up a hoody in hatterus for $100 and a thick thermo rashguard for $20 and have seen some killer deals all year.
Kite Foil Evangelist
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T. S. Eliot
UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT a documentary and my personal favorite stage of the sport.
j.p.

Postby bustingbladder » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:20 am

The NP surf neoprene suits are bomber now! I used to not like them back in 03-04 'ish because of the ripping out crotches from the way the seams came together. Now they are now redesigned, top-notch suits!
bustingbladder
Racing Committee

Postby stringy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:07 am

looks like nice stuff christian,
love the head band, looks reversible. wear it inside out and we'll think your the lead singer of a rock band!
stringy
There's a Mount for That

Postby killdill045 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:40 am

I picked up a hoody in hatterus for $100 and a thick thermo rashguard for $20 and have seen some killer deals all year.
Get fast success in Braindumps and Johnson University Florida exam questions by using our latest exam ISM.We also offer up-to-date Rockefeller University and answers for your prep of Youtube.
killdill045

Postby C.J. » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I was warm everywhere except my face on Saturday at Damon Point.

Sunday my hands were getting cold in the morning until I realized that I should have my gloves under my NP hoodie not outside of it.

For reference I didn't use the open palm gloves this weekend or the headband. I had my old hyperflex hood on and I used my Glacier Ice bay fishing gloves which seem to be the best thing I've found so far for the extreme cold days.

NP does make some lobster claw 3 finger gloves too but I have not tried them.
C.J.

Postby IslandKiter » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:16 pm

I just ordered the np 3 finger gloves. I will post when I try them out. My normal set up wasn't working with air Temps in the 30s and low 40s.
IslandKiter

Next

Return to Commercial