New 2015 trips are here

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here (no classfied ads!)

Re: New 2015 trips are here

Postby IslandKiter » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 am

Sounds good. Is there any downside to the trip/strut less kite vs. a kite with struts - like whatever you were flying most of this winter at DP?
IslandKiter

Postby Loki » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 am

Allen - who knows what bozos were riding those flysurfers and fat ladies. My bet is that you're a better kiter than them. I'll fly them back to back and draw my own conclusions. ;)

By the way, I was at Jetty yesterday looking for that 12m to demo. None to be seen. My fat lady didn't let me down, though.
PSKite Site Admin / Developer
Windhunter Android App Developer
Loki
PSKite Magician

Postby Lazy Kiter » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 am

Back to back comparison seems like the only way to go. Without knowing the skill level,weight, & board size of the other riders I am not sold on the fact that the comparison stated by Gotkite is fair. Loki, when you end up doing this I would really appreciate some feed back on the outcome.
Should have gone
Lazy Kiter

Postby gotkite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Track down Jeffro or Naish will be out on Thursday at JI ---- or you can demo mine any time but I'm in the gorge :)

Glad your getting the goods heard it's been awesome up at JI - hopefully get there this weekend.......
Get out and Ride....Allen

Naish
http://www.urbansurf.com
-NAISH KITE BOARDING AMBASSADOR -
Naish -2016 8m 10m HD Parks, 12m strut-less Trips , - 2015 Sroka Foil KiteBoard, Naish -2015 Monarch kiteboard, Alia, Venturi Race - SUP- Naish One
gotkite

Postby BellinghamKite » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:57 am

I'd be interested in how this turned out, if there was a back to back comparison.

Interestingly, the Fat Lady was originally going to be a strutless kite. If you look at the first generation (Fat Lady 1) you'll notice the struts are super tiny. In 2011 when it was released, the struts were needed for high end stability. Clearly a reduction in struts makes for a ligher kite(unless the leading edge needs to be made bigger to compensate), but if a 10m strutless can outperform ANY 17m, I'd be very impressed. Coincidentally in the past 2 generations the struts of the Fat Lady are actually larger than the first generation, but reports/feedback is that the kite has gained more power each year. I'd love to give the new 12m a shot if we ever meet up at the beach.
http://www.kitepaddlesurf.com
Blade Kites- Liquid Force - Slingshot
BellinghamKite

Postby wylieflyote » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 am

Pink,
Excellent points.
I own both the 10M Trip and the 14 Park. The 14m hasn't been out of the bag in over a year. Maybe it's time for another garage sale? Love my 10m Trip. Last week Gotkite, group, and I did a Viento-Sandbar downwinder. The 10m Trip not only had a stellar performance in mildly over-powered conditions... it got me home beyond Wells Island when the river turned to ZERO whitecaps.
But, I did have a couple problems in ocean heavy chop last winter (in Pacific Coast Central Mexico) when the Trip dropped in with LE flat on the water pointed away from me. The canopy filled up, and I could not empty it for a water relaunch. Maybe I was just out of tricks since it had been a f++king 53 days WITHOUT A SESSION!!!! Grrrrrr
Not sure what to do with the 14m Park? Oh The Humanity! Such a 1st world problem :)
Kip

PinkVoldo wrote:OK, so I work at Urban Surf & am partial to Naish kites. That being said:

I demoed the new blue Naish Trip 10M (with Alana line set) in light 10-12kt North winds at Golden Gardens. I was riding a regular twin tip and a surfboard throughout the session. Thanks to Bart E for letting me take her for a spin.

I didn't have extra power, but was able to ride & stay way more upwind than the other riders.

Two nights later I rode my 2014 Naish Park and was weirded out by how big it felt and the time it took to loop.

LOL the Trip actually "tripped" me out & makes me think: do I need that 14M? (especially now since there is also a 12M trip).

No BS, the 10M Trip is a Sweet kite & I'm going to get one for a few reasons.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
-- George Carlin
wylieflyote

Postby wylieflyote » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 am

gotkite wrote:Ok here is fact last year at JI the fat lady and 17 fly surfer could not get off the beach while I was on a 10m trip out kiting - the 12m trip is not a small 12 -------- you really need to ride one - then you will under stand

You will shake your head - that makes no spence but strut less kites generate way more power per meter

And bonus lets see you relaunch that 17m in barely a breeze when it falls out of the sky ----the Naish trip flys with barely a breeze - and even relaunches easier in light wind.

Bonus # 2 the trip tracks upwind extremely well as proven in 6hour kb4c :)

BONUS #3 It's way cheaper to purchase new than any other 14 -15- 17m kite on the market almost 1/2 off compared to others

BONUS #4 It packs up like your Granddaughter nursery school day-pack (minus the diapers) :)

BONUS #5 It pumps up with half the strokes of a standard (strutted) kite.

BONUS #6 The bar pressure is optimally light. Good if you've ever torn several rotator tendons. (The Fly ripped my sockets out!)
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
-- George Carlin
wylieflyote

Postby rodeo clown » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:01 am

This fall at Carkeek Jethro and I both flew 12's during and sesh that grew lite at the end.
He easily pointed higher with his Trip/surf board combo and stayed out longer.
The kite seems to have excellent speed and tracks super smooth.
harvesting seattle's winds since 1982
http://www.urbansurf.com/
http://www.naishkites.com/
rodeo clown
Yeeee-whoooo!

Previous

Return to Commercial