Jones Rocked Today!

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

Jones Rocked Today!

Postby WestSeattle » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Took the day off work and kited Jones today and had a total blast. I was well powered on my 11M. Only one other kiter and me up by the flatwater channels, and we both were enjoying ourselves (dude was a great kiter, should have gotten his name). I haven't been to Jones as much as I would have liked this summer, but I'm always so glad when I make the trip - never been skunked and I ride my 8 or 11. Only bummer is that I guess I didn't turn my GoPro on - was hoping to see the footage of me body-dragging across the grass when I ate it in one of the channels.

Side note - is everyone just using Facebook? I'm not on FB, so I'm hoping people post more here. I'll try to do the same but given my few sessions due to having a small child at home, I don't get out much.
WestSeattle

Re: Jones Rocked Today!

Postby eric » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Awesome! There are a ton of people that post on FB much more than here. It is kind of too bad cause you can't really search past posts on FB, but here you can. I try and post here when I can. Keep it up!
eric
Resident Smartass

Postby Shoop » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:17 am

I'm not a FB user either, and miss reading the different discussions and sharing of ideas that used to show up on a much more regular basis. I got hurt back in June and have been out of commission all summer, so I get stoked just reading about good kiting, especially getting out when you'd normally be working. Glad you had a blast and thanks for sharing.

I'll log back in when I have a little more time and write about the poor choice I made and how I got hurt. Maybe it will help someone else make a better choice.
Shoop

Postby crawdaddy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 am

I spent the day on Monday waiting for wind, but got skunked. The eclipse seems to have affected the wind.
As for pskite forum, I miss it as well. Now I use Facebook daily. It is convenient with the post alerts. I get wind alerts and condition updates on my phone.
crawdaddy

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion