Riders Etiquette reminder for Jetty

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

Riders Etiquette reminder for Jetty

Postby AKexpat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi All,

during my last 4 times at Jetty in the last month I have noticed a trend that I feel like I should probably bring up since there are a lot of at Jetty and more every year. Please keep the 'Riders Etiquette' (sticky on the main discussion) in mind at Jetty and elsewhere. We are allowed to kite at Jetty and that could be a mishap or two away from having that privilege revoked. The safety of all beach goers and other kiters should always be top of mind. Each time this month I've seen people set up to the south of the Kiteboarding zone sign. At least on 3 or 4 occasions I've seen kiters come really close to or kite through the swimmers south of the sign at Jetty. Additionally I heard from Dave that someone tried to set up in the parking lot on the mainland and kite across to Jetty last month. The thing is, in my humble opinion, the risk is too great to ignore the etiquette, no matter how good you are something can always go wrong. If/when it does go wrong we could all loose the privileged to kite at Jetty

If you see this kind of thing maybe give a gentle reminder of the 'Riders Etiquette' guidelines and if they don't know about this wonderful forum always a good way to let new riders to the area know about this fantastic resource.

Maybe its just me being overly sensitive, just thought I would bring it up, love Jetty too much to loose it.

cheers
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” - Mark Twain
AKexpat

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion