LOST Ocean Rodeo Mako at Jetty

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

LOST Ocean Rodeo Mako at Jetty

Postby evh » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:14 am

Lost 7/7 evening, down toward Navy base ....
evh

Re: LOST Ocean Rodeo Mako at Jetty

Postby jeffh » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:44 am

We'll keep an eye out for it of course. You have likely already checked with the Jetty Island rangers.
You might want to go beachcombing today at noon with binoculars (a minus low tide). Just be careful. The ghost shrimp might be setting a trap.
Also, if it is still lost, and if your name and number (at least your number) are on it, there is a high probability that a kind person will find it and call you within the next couple of days.
jeffh

Postby scottnorby » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 am

The rangers have it.
Yesterday they set it out to see if anyone claimed it.
Get ahold of them--- I said you posted on this forum-----and they said just call them.
Congrats
scottnorby

Postby evh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks for the report!

Before I saw this, I talked to the rangers on the island, and they said they had not seen it. So, it must be somewhere else...perhaps the rangers have some place on the mainland.

Meanwhile, today I hiked to the end of the rocks at low tide with binoculars, just like Jeff suggested. There were already footprints there, so it looks like that
area is pretty well beach-combed.

Jeff's idea of taking binoculars was a good one.

Could have used the Mako today ... wind blast with large waves.
evh

Postby evh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:54 am

scottnorby wrote:The rangers have it.
Yesterday they set it out to see if anyone claimed it.
Get ahold of them--- I said you posted on this forum-----and they said just call them.
Congrats

Scott -

Called Everett Recreation/Rangers .... they are denying they ever saw a kiteboard. If you can tell me where you saw it any maybe tell me who had it, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Edward
evh

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion