#NUKETOBER Event extended until PSKITE Party on October 29th

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

#NUKETOBER Event extended until PSKITE Party on October 29th

Postby Globekiter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Inspired by Jason's post, hashtag your session #Nuketober this Friday 10/7 on the Facebook event site here - https://www.facebook.com/events/1213331338729442/! Let's make this the unofficial #Nuketober Kick Off! Use your Woo, Trace, PiQ, Suunto. Garmin, .. whatever gadget you are using to track your session and post your stats! Get away from behind the desk and get some during lunch, after work or better yet, at dawn patrol. Winner for biggest air and max airtime will get some free swag at the PSKITE Party on October 29th! Be safe!

Cheers!
Globekiter
Attachments
Nuketober.jpg
Nuketober.jpg (118.36 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Last edited by Globekiter on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Globekiter

Re: Unofficial Nuketober Kick Off Fri 10/7!

Postby CC_Kiter » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Dawn Patrol (first light) was cranking this morning, lit 8M at J-Bay :-)
CC_Kiter

Re: #NUKETOBER Event extended until PSKITE Party on October 29th

Postby Globekiter » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:20 am

#NUKETOBER Event extended until PSKITE Party on October 29th!

Sorry for the delay, but I've been kind of busy the last couple of days (I have a regular job too :-)) so just catching up on our NUKETOBER event from last weekend. We had a total of 16 sessions with 8 men and 2 ladies tracking their stats with WOO and TRACE devices during the Fri 10/7 and Sat 10/8 NUKETOBER Kick Off. Maybe there are more? Make sure to post your session!

I talked with a few people about this and we are extending NUKETOBER to the whole month of October up until the PSKITE Party on October 29th! It makes sense, it’s called NUKETOBER and that’s not just one weekend of nuking winds this month. In fact, the forecast for the next few days and the weekend looks amazing so there are many opportunities to get out there and score big! Also, it gives those who were not able to make it out on the water last weekend an opportunity to score big now.

Due to different devices being in use I started a spreadsheet to keep track of who is participating and will continue to update it as sessions get posted. At the PSKITE Party on October 29th we’ll announce one Female and one Male winner of #NUKETOBER 2016 for now. Maybe there’ll be more categories, we’ll see.

You are probably wondering, how can I participate if I don’t have a device to track my height or max airtime? The options are 1) get your own device 2) see one of the folks who has a device and borrow it for some time, then download the session, take a screenshot and post the stats. In the future we plan to work with one of the companies that makes the trackers to hopefully support us and run a legit event with heats and several devices to share, etc.

So, all that being said I am going to create a new FB event called #NUKETOBER 2016 since I can’t edit and extend the Kick-off event anymore. FB also only allows me to create the event until 10/25 for some reason. I expect I can extend it when we get closer to that date. All sessions should be posted in that Event so I can track them.

Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns! Let’s make this a fun first-time #NUKETOBER competition. Game on!

Always remember SAFETY FIRST! If you think it's too dangerous to go out, it probably is. Wear a helmet, impact vest, emergency knife, and keep an eye out for each other!

More details, see the NUKETOBER 2016 Facebook Event https://www.facebook.com/events/1213331338729442/

Cheers!
Philipp
Globekiter

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion