New Harness

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

New Harness

Postby Wind junkie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 pm

In the market for a new harness as my Dakine Renegade rides up a lot and just generally isn't comfortable. I really like what I've read about the Manera Exo, but I'm having a hard time finding a local store that stocks it. Has anyone had any experience with the Exo and know where I can buy one within driving distance of Seattle? It sounds like it's very customizable as far as sizing goes, so it's not the sort of thing you want to buy online without having tried it on first.

I'm also open to other recommendations on comfortable harnesses that won't leave you with sore ribs and/or a chafed chest after a lively day on the water.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Wind junkie

Re: New Harness

Postby stringy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 am

hey rob, nate at air pirates at jones beach is a F-one dealer and I think he has the manera harnesses.
you might try him.
I recently swapped out my custom ride for the ride engine bamboo forest and its just as comfortable as the custom version.
if you go that direction you need to demo one first to ensure the sizing is good.
stringy
There's a Mount for That

Postby pdaniels » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:49 am

Check out Ride Engine harnesses. You can try them on at Urban Surf or hit me up on the beach and you can ride my size small Team series harness if it fits you.

http://www.rideengine.com/GEAR/Wind/

Slider bar and hook bar options, choose harness add bar option. Hard shell back construction is a game changer in harnesses.

Ride on!
pdaniels
Board of Directors

Postby Lazy Kiter » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:14 pm

I use the LF arc harness and love it. It's comfortable and stays in place. The locking cam strap is money for getting it as tight as you want. It is worth checking out if you have the opportunity.

http://www.kitepaddlesurf.com/2016-Liqu ... 168316.htm
Should have gone
Lazy Kiter

Postby Wind junkie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks guys, I will definitely consider those options. Ride engine had also caught my eye, but for some reason Manera seemed like they really over-engineered the Exo design with the tuck flaps and the dual quick releases on the tow line. Something about their products just really caught my attention, but I'm sure any of the suggested harnesses would be a huge upgrade for me and maybe more easily tracked down.
Wind junkie

Postby bustingbladder » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 pm

bustingbladder
Racing Committee

Postby therussiann » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:17 am

i got a large pro series ride engine its great i love it. there sizing is on the smaller side so if ur a lg/med let me know u can try out mine
therussiann

Postby Freeride » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:15 am

Go Ride Engine - counter intuitive that a hard shell harness is comfortable, but they are awesome.
Freeride
Keekopotamus

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion