Double Bluff and Jetty Island Wind Sensors

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

Re: Double Bluff and Jetty Island Wind Sensors

Postby Scotte » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:46 am

What's the status of the DB sensor besides down? It's nice to to have a indication before during and after a session. Anyone working on it?
Scotte

Postby Roberto » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:00 am

Scotte wrote:What's the status of the DB sensor besides down? It's nice to to have a indication before during and after a session. Anyone working on it?

The DB sensor has been up an running pretty steady. With a few exceptions: late June when a tree knocked some power cables and this morning for an hour around 3am (checking on why). Power and internet outages are expected issues. Thanks to SteveB, the station is back online as soon as possible.

I get notified right away when the station is offline. In any case use send me a PM just in case and I will take a look.

Cheers
"Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien
Roberto
Board of Directors, PSKite President

Postby Scotte » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:49 am

I usually use windonthewater and noticed it dropped off that site. I guess I should have looked at a couple other site before I assumed the sensor was down. Maybe we can get the sensor readded.
Scotte

Postby Robert » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:13 am

The guy who runs WOTW has been MIA for quite a while now. There's a lot of sensors on it that need updating. I've emailed him and offered help, but got no response. For now its best to just use iKitesurf/WindAlert, since it has all the sensors, and they have been able to quickly add new ones, like getting the 520 bridge sensor re-added when it came back online last week. You can use it to view the free sensors without paying.
Robert

Previous

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion