*** 2017 PSKITE Fall/Halloween Fundraising Party ***

General discussions about kiting in the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, the Puget Sound, and places nearby such as the Gorge, the Coast, and BC

*** 2017 PSKITE Fall/Halloween Fundraising Party ***

Postby Globekiter » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

2017 PSKITE Fall/Halloween Fundraising Party on ***Saturday November 4th!***

RSVP http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty

***MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!***

2017 PSKITE Fall/Halloween Fundraising Party on ***Saturday November 4th!***

Elliott Bay Brewing Company will host us once again for the annual Fall PSKITE Fundraiser and your local ambassadors have been working hard getting sponsors to supply once again an amazing set of raffle prizes!

You won’t believe what will be up for grabs!!! I’ll give you one hint … can you say ***MAGIC CARPET***?

I can hardly wait to announce what each sponsor so far has committed to donating, I guarantee you will be stoked! Sponsors will be announced on Thursday 10/12 so stay tuned!!!

This event needs to be put on your calendar asap, cancel all your other events that night, start picking out a Halloween costume... (optional), and stay tuned for details over the coming weeks!

Remember, this is not only a party to have fun together off the water but it is also a fundraiser to support programs such as wind sensors, future events and competitions (think Jetty Island Light Wind Olympics, etc.), hosting costs, etc.

Please invite your family and friends and share the event on Facebook and other social media often over the coming weeks! The more of a turnout, the better. New people are especially encouraged to come as this is an excellent forum to get to know others and learn more about the sport, see the passion, wind some awesome prizes, and feel the stoke!

Cheers!
Philipp (aka Stokemaster)
Attachments
Flyer 1.jpg
Flyer 1.jpg (90.5 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Globekiter

Re: *** 2017 PSKITE Fall/Halloween Fundraising Party ***

Postby AKexpat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 am

I will try not to forget my credit card at the bar this time :-D
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” - Mark Twain
AKexpat

Postby Globekiter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 am

Happy weekend everyone!!! 3 weeks until the BIG Fundraiser Party on November 4th, 2017!!!
RSVP - http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty

I am running a few days behind announcing this, but I’m so stoked to let everyone know that we now have all our SPONSORS for this year’s ***2017 PSKITE Fall/Halloween Fundraising Party*** confirmed. Once again, we were able to secure PREMIUM SPONSORS who agreed to donate a minimum of $500 in products. I would like all of you to give a big THUMBS UP and express your THANK YOU to these amazing companies and the individuals who have the relationships with them and continue to support us year after year. Seriously, hit LIKE and comment below and show these folks and companies that you appreciate what they do. They are paying attention and want to hear from us. Nobody who helps with this gets paid here, they all do it for the love of the sport and the community. Without them we wouldn’t be able to do this!

Without any further ado, THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU!!!!

*** PREMIUM SPONSORS *** - you MUST NOT miss this event for a chance to wine one, two, or all of the prizes they donated!!! More to come in the weeks leading up to the party.
 Slingshot Kite– Patrick Daniels
 Liquid Force Kites – Jason Sperling & Jesse Thetford
 Naish Kiteboarding – Philipp Schonger
 Ocean Rodeo - Ned DeBeck
 Casa Torote – Guillermo Maldonado
 LiP Sunglasses – Matt Ewing (The Kite Lesson)

THANKS to all these sponsors and ambassadors as well for your hard work and donations:
 ION – Matthew Dawson
 Ride Engine – Patrick Daniels
 Urban Surf – Robin Ogaard
 North Kiteboarding International – Matthew Dawson
 Waypoint Outdoor – Roger Strong
 Cabrinha Kiteboarding – Christian Johnson
 @Cascade Designs – Christian Johnson
 Buoy Wear – John Ruffing
 Northwest Riders – Eric Van Steen
 WOO Kite – Jason Sperling, Philipp Schonger
 Elliott Bay Brewing Company
Attachments
Sponsor Flyer wide.jpg
2017 PSKITE Fall Party Sponsors
Sponsor Flyer wide.jpg (135.42 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Last edited by Globekiter on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Globekiter

Postby Globekiter » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:36 am

***2017 PSKITE FALL / HALLOWEEN Party is this Saturday November 4th!!!***

Happy Monday! Only a few days until the big party and I’ve been asked by a lot of people, what are some of the raffle prizes this year?

Well… let me tell you, you don’t want to miss this event. I don’t want to keep you in suspense any longer. Patrick Daniels with Slingshot Kite really stepped it up and wanted to make sure you get on the water in the lightest of conditions and donated a brand new HoverGlide Foil complete with protective cover valued at $899!

Big THUMBS UP to Patrick Daniels and Slingshot Kite! THANK YOU!!!

Now go and put some cash on the side so you have $$ for the raffle and take the magic carpet home. More raffle prize announcements tomorrow!

RSVP now - http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty

Slingshot - Hoverglide 2.jpg
Slingshot - Hoverglide 2.jpg (155.22 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Attachments
Slingshot - Hoverglide 4.jpg
Slingshot - Hoverglide 4.jpg (218.69 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Slingshot - Hoverglide 3.jpg
Slingshot - Hoverglide 3.jpg (63.05 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Slingshot - Hoverglide 1.jpg
Slingshot - Hoverglide 1.jpg (72.64 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Globekiter

Postby crawdaddy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:14 pm

My wife and I may drive up from the coast for the party. She's asking me what kind of party it is? Do we dress up? Is there dancing? Also what about lodging nearby? Any recommendations on a nice hotel or a B&B nearby?
crawdaddy

Postby Globekiter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 am

*** 2017 PSKITE FALL / HALLOWEEN Party is this Saturday November 4th!!! *** http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty

Happy Halloween!

Your kiteboarding vacation getaway in La Ventana is waiting for you!!! Casa Torote in La Ventana, Mexico has donated 4 nights of accommodation in their amazing house with pool and hot tub overlooking La Ventana Bay! Thanks to Guillermo Maldonado for making this generous offer worth more than $640. Watch the awesome video of this place and find out more info here https://www.casatorote.com/photos

Casa Torote.jpg
Casa Torote.jpg (290.17 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Fittingly, how do you protect your eyes from the glaring sun in sunny Mexico or here in the PNW? Thanks to @Matt Ewing with The Kite Lesson who worked with LiP Sunglasses we now will also raffle off 3 pairs of LIP Sunglasses worth over $550. That being said, if you can’t wait, The Kite Lesson will donate 17% of LIP sales to PSKite funds until the party so get your glasses now. I just bought some myself and they are awesome!

LiPforPSK Small.jpg
LiPforPSK Small.jpg (193.67 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Finally, Buoy Wear wants to keep the sun out of your face and has donated some of their latest floating hats which are even more comfortable and available in additional colors. Never loose your hat again kiting, SUPing, boating, etc. ! Thanks John Ruffing and Ryan Theory Curtright for your support at this event!

Buoy Wear.JPG
Buoy Wear.JPG (81.57 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Stoked about all of these sponsors? Get your RSVP in NOW http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty
Globekiter

Postby Globekiter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 am

Still need convincing to come to the biggest PSKITE Kiteboarding Party of the year this Saturday? I bet not because all your old and new friends will be there and you want to have a great time!

But there are many other good reason!!! You may be taking home a brand-new 2017 Naish Motion 134x41 Kiteboard thanks to our friends at Naish Kiteboarding!!! Yes, that’s the same model board I’ve been riding the last few years and won a couple comps, it’s amazing!!! THANK YOU Naish USA for this Premium Prize donation worth $500.

Naish Motion (3).jpg
Naish Motion (3).jpg (161.51 KiB) Viewed 550 times

Naish Motion (4).jpg
Naish Motion (4).jpg (210.25 KiB) Viewed 550 times

Naish Motion (5).jpg
Naish Motion (5).jpg (160.55 KiB) Viewed 550 times

To make you look cool off the water also, you may also walk away with some fresh threads from Northwest Riders thanks to EVS, aka. Eric Van Steen. Those shirts are rad!

Northwest Riders.jpg
Northwest Riders.jpg (95.16 KiB) Viewed 550 times

And just in case you messed up and stuck your kite in a tree and needs some fixing, Matt Ewing @The Kite Lesson (TKL) does kite repairs and has donated several Kite Repair Gift certificates that will be up for grabs. Thank you TKL!

The Kite Lesson Voucher.jpg
The Kite Lesson Voucher.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 550 times

Stoked about all of our sponsors ? Get your RSVP in NOW
http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty

*** 2017 PSKITE FALL / HALLOWEEN Party is this Saturday November 4th!!! ***
Globekiter

Postby Globekiter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:58 am

What’s likely the most important kiteboarding gear you own? Correct, your harness!

Luckily Patrick Daniels with Ride Engine was able to hook us up with a brand new Size M Ride Engine harness with slider bar worth over $300 - http://www.rideengine.com. I will be putting my raffle ticket into that jar and so should you this Saturday Nov 4th at the *** 2017 PSKITE FALL / HALLOWEEN Party!!! ***

RideEngine 1.jpg
RideEngine 1.jpg (261.13 KiB) Viewed 503 times

Not only is that harness the most comfortable one for your back, but it’s also easy to travel with due to its compact design. If you win it this Saturday, you hopefully also win a 3 day stay donated by Andy Holmes at one of his 2 condos in La Ventana, Mexico. Escape the Pacific NW doldrums and spend some time in La Ventana this winter and visit Darcie Gray or take a lesson from her!
Thanks Andy for your donation. See more details here
Unit #1 - https://www.vrbo.com/1157713
Unit #2 - https://www.vrbo.com/1157810

Andy Holmes - La Ventana Condo 2.jpg
Andy Holmes - La Ventana Condo 2.jpg (23.98 KiB) Viewed 503 times

Finally, keep your valuables dry when you cross the channel to Jetty Island next season with 1 of two of the finest, most versatile ultra-durable dry bags by SealLine, donated by new and very busy dad Christian Johnson with Cascade Designs.

Cascade Designs - Christian Johnson (1).jpg
Cascade Designs - Christian Johnson (1).jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 503 times

Stoked about all of our sponsors ? Get your RSVP in NOW - http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty
Globekiter

Postby Globekiter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:02 am

Folks! The PSKITE party is tomorrow Saturday November 4th!!! Don’t miss it!

Jason Sperling and @Jesse Thetford worked with the awesome team Liquid Force Kites to get one of us onto their 2017 Space Craft and blast into outer orbit and land like a floating feather!!! Check out this chop eating, big boosting, smooth landing board that will change your view of riding a multi directional board forever!!! Thank you Liquid Force Kites, Jason and Jesse for the awesome picture, lol!

Liquid Force Kites - Space craft kiteboard.jpg
Liquid Force Kites - Space craft kiteboard.jpg (67.42 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Liquid Force Kites - Space craft kiteboard 1.jpg
Liquid Force Kites - Space craft kiteboard 1.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Yes, there’s snow on the ground in areas around the Puget Sound this morning, but you won’t care cause Matthew Dawson and Robin Ogaard at Urban Surf worked with ION to donate a certificate for ANY ION wetsuit!!! Yes, any ION wetsuit you want!!! No excuses now to get out on the water when there’s snow on the ground! Check out their watersuits here and make your pick, you might win - https://www.ion-products.com/water/

ION Wetsuit.JPG
ION Wetsuit.JPG (20.53 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Finally, our friends on Vancouver Island - Ocean Rodeo - are here to support our event once again and will be giving away a $500 certificate for any Flight or Prodigy kite 9.5m or larger kite. That is awesome! Thank you Ned DeBeck for supporting the PSKite Kiteboarding community. Pick your kite here https://oceanrodeo.com/kiteboarding/kite/

Ocean Rodeo - PS_Kite_cupon-(2).jpg
Ocean Rodeo - PS_Kite_cupon-(2).jpg (212.91 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Stoked about all of our sponsors ? Get your RSVP in NOW - http://tinyurl.com/2017PskiteFallParty
Globekiter

Postby Globekiter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 am

It’s been a busy week with kiting and getting things ready for the PSKite party and one thing worried me, who is going to be our MC since Sean Bold is not going to make it this year.

Well… I got things sorted out, so let me present to you one of our favorite OG kiters, Goiney, our ***2017 PSKITE Fall / Halloween Party MC***!!!

I am also super stoked that some of our awesome kitesistas, namely Roxana Poptamas, Roxana Madalina, Taylor Donovan, Penny Laine and Darcie Gray agreed to help out with the raffle. Goiney approves with a solid thumbs up! Look for these kick-ass waterladies when you arrive at the party and they will happily sell you tickets for the raffle!!! Bring cash!Thank you ladies!

See you on Saturday at 6 p.m. It’s Party Time!!!
Attachments
MC adn Raffle Ladies Small.jpg
MC adn Raffle Ladies Small.jpg (212.39 KiB) Viewed 431 times
Globekiter

Next

Return to General Kiteboarding Discussion