Anyone need a race board?

Information on local Puget Sound Racing Series and Events.

Postby kyle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 pm

FYI>
There are a few guys with used 2011 and even 2012 race boards up here in Squamish for sale now and/or very soon, if anyone is looking.
Let me know and I'll put you in touch.
Last edited by kyle on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyle

Re: Anyone need a race board?

Postby Brian » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:28 am

Kyle, there are a few people that are back and forth on getting one. Maybe they would be enticed if they saw them listed in the classified section here. thanks for the heads up.
Brian

Postby wylieflyote » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:54 am

Naish Venturi 2010? I passed on this board last year, and now I want one, or one very similar.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
-- George Carlin
wylieflyote

Postby kyle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 am

I will try to get everyone to post in the classifieds. The thing is though that most aren't actually for sale quite yet. We are trying to shuffle boards around here to make sure everyone gets on something modern and fast (we have about 20 regular racers now). It would be great if you guys built up your racing scene down there and got some up to date equipment and lots more races! We'd always be stoked to have you guys up here to race any time too.

Here are a few of the boards I know about that will become available soon. Hit me up and I'll put you in touch with the owners:

- 2011 Aguera CR 69 (the yellow one).
    There are actually at least 2 of these.
    * One is in decent shape, with a few dings repaired. He is waiting for his new board to arrive before selling this one (probably about 1 month time).
    * The other has also had a few repaired dings, but also a blown-and-repaired fin box. He is still not sure if he's selling this year or not, but could probably be convinced.
    Still relatively fast boards, but harder to ride than the new ones. I'm not sure about prices, but they'll probably be around $1000 to $1300 depending on fin scenario.

- 2011 North LTD.
    I don't know much about the state of this one. Actually, there might be a couple of these. I think they are selling for about $1000.

- 2010/11 Naish Venturi 60cm
    2 busted-and-repaired fin boxes. I'm not sure when/if he's selling, but I'm sure he could be convinced.
    This isn't a modern shape/size, but it might be a cheap option to get someone out on the course and get a feel for things. No idea on price.

- 4 fin older Paolo Rista 61cm board (this one isn't IKA registered).
    Again, not a modern shape, and can't be raced at any big IKA events, but it'll be a cheap option to get out on the course. I think he has at least 1 fin set to go with it, possibly more.

- There are also a bunch of 2010 North boards, but honestly I wouldn't bother since the newer shapes are so far advanced beyond those.

You could be winning races on any of the Aguera boards. The others will definitely get you around the course and out in light winds.

As for fins, there are also a few used Ristafin and Tectonics sets kicking around up here. I'd suggest buying new though, if you have the option. Give Paolo a shout once you get a board sorted http://www.ristafins.com
Last edited by kyle on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyle

Postby kyle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 am

BTW> yes, I know they aren't cheap. But with the box rule and production rule, I strongly believe that boards will stay current a lot longer than before. Hopefully that means more people will be able to get in to the sport and avoid the equipment 'arms race'.
kyle

Postby Sick Nick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 am

If you want a competitive board from this list grab one of the Agueras. If you want an easy ride, the Venturis are good.
Donate to KB4C: http://www.stayclassy.org/straplesssicknick
Nice digs: http://www.northwestriders.com/

<<< Go NEWT or Go Home >>>
Sick Nick

Postby kyle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 pm

agreed.
I would also say the 2012 Aguera and the 2011 North are also both 'easy rides'.

In general, bigger does not equal harder. In fact, if done properly it makes them easier in all conditions.

BTW> our next race day up here is July 8th. We'd be stoked to have you guys up to race with us then!
kyle

Postby Sick Nick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 pm

I'll keep it on my radar. Give us an update/reminder with a forecast once we're closer to the date!
Donate to KB4C: http://www.stayclassy.org/straplesssicknick
Nice digs: http://www.northwestriders.com/

<<< Go NEWT or Go Home >>>
Sick Nick

Postby zephyrkite » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi there,

My name is Jacki and I'm from Halifax, NS but living in Florida at the moment. During my hike from the south back to the great white north to compete in the Canadian Nationals my raceboard did not make it therefore I'm looking for a complete backup production board. Adam Vance was ever so kind as to lend me his board but it is in Seattle at the moment finless. I'm currently in Vancouver en route to the Nationals, hoping that someone would be able to take Adam's raceboard up to Vancouver for me.

Also, I was told to ask John Penxa if he could let me use the race tri fins for this board but I'm not sure how to relay the message to him. My mobile number is 561-767-2154.

I would be greatly thankful to anyone who could help me.

Windy regards,

Jacki
zephyrkite

Postby eric » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:37 am

zephyrkite wrote:Also, I was told to ask John Penxa

he is j.p. on this forum.
eric
Resident Smartass

Next

Return to Kiteboard Racing