ALOHA BROTHERS RACING! CHECK IT!

Information on local Puget Sound Racing Series and Events.

Re: ALOHA BROTHERS RACING! CHECK IT!

Postby eric » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:30 pm

j.p. wrote:Let me help with your lack of understanding, he used to live on Maui and shape boards.

Yea, I know. No misunderstanding on this end. Just making sure Loki doesn't change my title. ;)
Boards look awesome Denny! Your logo is great too, did you design it yourself? Good work. Let's see how well Wally can handle that beast. :D
eric
Resident Smartass

Postby Acan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Sick ride Wally! Are you going to put the gloves on for jetty jam?

A lot of the new(Er) boards are tending towards a more tucked in tail to help with turning and a touch more tail rocker to assist with riding in chop and gnarlier conditions.

The wide tail with lots of float is likely a good call for jetty conditions though!
Acan

Postby bustingbladder » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Acan wrote:Sick ride Wally! Are you going to put the gloves on for jetty jam?

A lot of the new(Er) boards are tending towards a more tucked in tail to help with turning and a touch more tail rocker to assist with riding in chop and gnarlier conditions.

The wide tail with lots of float is likely a good call for jetty conditions though!

We'll see how the testing goes first. If I can get a couple of folks to run the committee boat for me, absolutely! I've been waiting for this moment to start for two years now. Denny was kind enough to provide an opportunity. Thanks dude!

No doubt, this is 1 of 5 that we will be testing with different protos. We have a big gap to fill between now and the August race in your neck of the woods.
bustingbladder
Racing Committee

Postby Acan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Good stuff! You guys should make the trek to bear country for our race this Saturday. We have chainsaws and beer!

We have a fleet of about 15 serious race boards now
Acan

Postby Alohabrother » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks for the compliments Eric!!
I have been using that logo for .......jeez 20+ years now.....zoinks!! I'm getting up there! I have a bunch left over from making surfboards over the years.
I had input in what I wanted for the logo. A classmate on O'ahu that I have known since hannabutta days (3rd grade) drew it out for me in 1990. Before there was Corel Draw!!
The only thing I have changed over the years is the AB in the center. It used to look like an A8!!
Time for a new one I guess? I have been playing around with different ideas on cs4 Illustrator. I have a bunch of different stickers made, I just haven't come up with a new logo as far as being a permanent thing for the boards.

On another note....Thanks to you and Darcie for hanging with my sis and biking with her, I think Darcie is definitely pushing her to new levels in her down hill riding skills. I'll have to save up to get a bike and get out there with you guys!
BladeKitesUSA
http://www.leisureactivistgroup.com
Aloha Brothers
Alohabrother

Postby j.p. » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Alohabrother wrote:Thanks for the compliments Eric!!
I have been using that logo for .......jeez 20+ years now.....zoinks!! I'm getting up there! I have a bunch left over from making surfboards over the years.
I had input in what I wanted for the logo. A classmate on O'ahu that I have known since hannabutta days (3rd grade) drew it out for me in 1990. Before there was Corel Draw!!
The only thing I have changed over the years is the AB in the center. It used to look like an A8!!
Time for a new one I guess? I have been playing around with different ideas on cs4 Illustrator. I have a bunch of different stickers made, I just haven't come up with a new logo as far as being a permanent thing for the boards.

On another note....Thanks to you and Darcie for hanging with my sis and biking with her, I think Darcie is definitely pushing her to new levels in her down hill riding skills. I'll have to save up to get a bike and get out there with you guys!

Denny,

Post the photo of the un-glassed painted longloard!!!
Kite Foil Evangelist
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T. S. Eliot
UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT a documentary and my personal favorite stage of the sport.
j.p.

Postby j.p. » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Acan wrote: We have chainsaws and beer!

NICE!!!

It's so refreshing to see that some things do not change! In this case it would be my love for Canada which was born in my youth playing hockey.
I can only hope things will get "sporty", seriously, what fun would chainsaws and beer be without a little running involved? :D
Kite Foil Evangelist
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T. S. Eliot
UPWIND LAUNCH OF A SPORT a documentary and my personal favorite stage of the sport.
j.p.

Postby bustingbladder » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Acan wrote:Good stuff! We have chainsaws and beer!

We have a fleet of about 15 serious race boards now

Chainsaws and beer! One thing about it, the Canadians know how to throw the party's! 15 boards in the fleet is really cool Andy! Bring da heat baby! :whip:
bustingbladder
Racing Committee

Postby j.p. » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 am

I'll bring the signage! :-P

th_Scissors-01.gif
th_Scissors-01.gif (18.67 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
Kite Foil Evangelist
j.p.

Previous

Return to Kiteboard Racing